Welcome to the AAMU, the only museum in Europe that is entirely dedicated to contemporary Aboriginal art from Australia.
What's on: The power of wood
This exhibition shows a wide diversity of wooden art works from the museum's collection. Wood is an essential material of the land and there is a long tradition of making wooden art objects in Australian Indigenous cultures. Read more.
Join us on Sunday 6 September for a special events programme to kick off the start of the new cultural season, with guided tours, lectures and special children's activities. lees verder...
On Sunday 20 September didgeridoo expert and musician Michiel Teijgeler will perform at the AAMU together with two very talented percussionists, Yannick van ter Beek and Terence Samson. lees verder...
Professor Barbara Gillam is an Australian psychologist specialised in visual perception. She is struck by the skills and imagination of Aboriginal artists. In this lecture she will talk of how they explore and extend principles of visual perception in telling their stories. lees verder...
Michael Cook's work Civilised #10 can be seen on the exhibtion poster of Saltwater Country. He is a photographer and made a series of intriguing photo art works about the earliest encounters between the Indigenous population in Queensland and the Europeans. This is a unique opportunity to hear this artist about his work. lees verder...
- 26 March: artist talk by Daniel Boyd
- 2 November: special 3D screenings of film Above Us All at the AAMU
- 30 October: debate about Art, visual culture and identity at SPUI25 in Amsterdam
- Summer Sunday afternoon concerts at the AAMU
- Wednesday 11 June: lecture about Indigenous literature by Dr Anita Heiss
- 5 and 6 April: national Museum Weekend
- 12 January: opening new exhibition Country to Coast
- Cultural Sunday Utrecht Uitfeest at the AAMU
- Now on sale: the catalogue of BOMB
- 8 June: presentation Nuon Solar Team: the World Solar Challenge 2013