Welcome to the AAMU, the only museum in Europe that is entirely dedicated to contemporary Aboriginal art from Australia.
New exhibition: BLAK. Forced into images
In the photo and video art works of BLAK. Forced into images, six influential, committed artists show poignant, challenging yet also humoristic images. All six of them mock the distorted image forced upon them because of their appearance, gender or Indigenous descent. Read more.
On Sunday 2 November two special, exclusive film screenings take place in the AAMU of Above Us All. The film is shown in 3D and has only 20 seats per screening. Director Eugenie Jansen will join the audience to talk about the movie and its themes. lees verder...
The AAMU presents a debat on Art, visual culture and identity in and together with the academic-cultural centre SPUI25 in Amsterdam. Australian artist Adam Geczy will hold a keynote speech after which he will discuss the questions raised with visual artist Charl Landvreugd. Admission is free. lees verder...
This summer the AAMU will, for the first time, present concerts at the museum dedicated to the sounds of the didgeridoo. Michiel Teijgeler, one of the most renowned didgeridoo musicians in Europe, will give three different performances together with various guest musicians. lees verder...
On June 11 Australian author/speaker/lecturer Dr Anita Heiss will visit the AAMU for a special lecture about Aboriginal literature, recent developments and the most significant and influential Indigenous authors who put Aboriginal stories on the international map. The lecture is in cooperation with the Literature House in Utrecht and the Australian Embassy. lees verder...
- 5 and 6 April: national Museum Weekend
- 12 January: opening new exhibition Country to Coast
- Cultural Sunday Utrecht Uitfeest at the AAMU
- Now on sale: the catalogue of BOMB
- 8 June: presentation Nuon Solar Team: the World Solar Challenge 2013
- 30 May: film evening 12 Canoes
- 14 April: Cultural Sunday - cross-over dance group ISH at the AAMU
- 6 and 7 April: National Museum Weekend
- 23 March: lecture by author Inez van der Spek
- 16 February: lecture by Professor Ad Borsboom on the story of the Sugarbag Clan of Arnhem Land