Welcome to the AAMU, the only museum in Europe that is entirely dedicated to contemporary Aboriginal art from Australia.
Now at the AAMU: exhibition BOMB by Blak Douglas and Adam Geczy
The exhibition BOMB is a striking, fascinating, at time humorous spectacle. It is an intense confrontation with nationalism, racism and discrimination. Artists Blak Douglas (aka Adam Hill) and Adam Geczy staged this exhibition for the AAMU in connection with the celebration of the 300th anniversary of the Treaty of Utrecht. Most of the artworks were made by the artists on location. BOMB will show a different side to the legendary European negotiations relating to the Treaty. Click here to read more.
Click here to watch the trailer for BOMB.
Come to the AAMU on Sunday September 1 for the next Cultural Sunday, the start of the new cultural season. A range of activities will take place including Tour the BOMB tours of the exhibition, storyteller Peter Faber, a street art workshop and various children's activities. Entrance to museum and all activities are free this Sunday! lees verder...
The English catalogue for the BOMB exhibition is now on sale in the museum shop and in the AAMU webshop. It contains images of all artworks; most of which were made on location at the AAMU. The 96 page publication also includes five essays by curator Georges Petitjean, Alisa Duff, Ian McLean, Maurice O'Riordian and a thought-provoking essay by the two artists who staged BOMB, Blak Douglas and Adam Geczy. lees verder...
The World Solar 2013 will be held again in Australia, a race across 3000km from Darwin to Adelaide with special vehicles on solar energy only. The Nuon Solar team will give a presentation on all preparations and challenges, the race and their vehicle Nuna6 lees verder...
Director Rolf De Heer made the highly successful and critically acclaimed film 10 Canoes. He returned to the Yolngu in Arnhem Land to make the documentary 12 Canoes to tell the stories of their life, culture, art and history. lees verder...
- 14 April: Cultural Sunday - cross-over dance group ISH at the AAMU
- 6 and 7 April: National Museum Weekend
- 23 March: lecture by author Inez van der Spek
- 16 February: lecture by Professor Ad Borsboom on the story of the Sugarbag Clan of Arnhem Land
- 16 October: Gordon Bennett and Aboriginal contemporary art: the radical alternative by Ian McLean
- 24 June: curator's floor talk for new exhibition Outsider / Insider
- 2 June: the city of Utrecht celebrate its anniversary
- 14 & 15 April: National Museumweekend at the AAMU
- Sunday 29 January: curator's floortalk Heart and Soul
- 10 December: diner with Aboriginal literature at Restaurant Zindering