Welcome to the AAMU, the only museum in Europe that is entirely dedicated to contemporary Aboriginal art from Australia.
Current exhibition Country to Coast. Colours of the Kimberley
In this exhibition we will take you on a journey through the Kimberley, a remote region in north-western Australia with some of the oldest rock paintings and a rich art tradition. For more information please click here.
On June 11 Australian author/speaker/lecturer Dr Anita Heiss will visit the AAMU for a special lecture about Aboriginal literature, recent developments and the most significant and influential Indigenous authors who put Aboriginal stories on the international map. The lecture is in cooperation with the Literature House in Utrecht and the Australian Embassy. lees verder...
On Saturday and Sunday 5 and 6 April the national Museum Weekend takes place in which over 300 Dutch musea will partipate. Come to the AAMU and visit the exhibition Country to Coast this weekend or join one of the special activities for adults and children. Entrance is free all weekend! lees verder...
On Sunday January 12 the AAMU will celebrate the opening of the new exhibition Country to Coast with an open house. The museum will present a full and creative programme for all ages. Admission to the museum and all activities is free on this special day! lees verder...
Come to the AAMU on Sunday September 1 for the next Cultural Sunday, the start of the new cultural season. A range of activities will take place including Tour the BOMB tours of the exhibition, storyteller Peter Faber, a street art workshop and various children's activities. Entrance to museum and all activities are free this Sunday! lees verder...
- Now on sale: the catalogue of BOMB
- 8 June: presentation Nuon Solar Team: the World Solar Challenge 2013
- 30 May: film evening 12 Canoes
- 14 April: Cultural Sunday - cross-over dance group ISH at the AAMU
- 6 and 7 April: National Museum Weekend
- 23 March: lecture by author Inez van der Spek
- 16 February: lecture by Professor Ad Borsboom on the story of the Sugarbag Clan of Arnhem Land
- 16 October: Gordon Bennett and Aboriginal contemporary art: the radical alternative by Ian McLean
- 24 June: curator's floor talk for new exhibition Outsider / Insider
- 2 June: the city of Utrecht celebrate its anniversary