Welcome to the AAMU, the only museum in Europe that is entirely dedicated to contemporary Aboriginal art from Australia.
Current exhibition Country to Coast. Colours of the Kimberley
In this exhibition we will take you on a journey through the Kimberley, a remote region in north-western Australia with some of the oldest rock paintings and a rich art tradition. For more information please click here.
On Sunday January 12 the AAMU will celebrate the opening of the new exhibition Country to Coast with an open house. The museum will present a full and creative programme for all ages. Admission to the museum and all activities is free on this special day! lees verder...
Come to the AAMU on Sunday September 1 for the next Cultural Sunday, the start of the new cultural season. A range of activities will take place including Tour the BOMB tours of the exhibition, storyteller Peter Faber, a street art workshop and various children's activities. Entrance to museum and all activities are free this Sunday! lees verder...
The English catalogue for the BOMB exhibition is now on sale in the museum shop and in the AAMU webshop. It contains images of all artworks; most of which were made on location at the AAMU. The 96 page publication also includes five essays by curator Georges Petitjean, Alisa Duff, Ian McLean, Maurice O'Riordian and a thought-provoking essay by the two artists who staged BOMB, Blak Douglas and Adam Geczy. lees verder...
The World Solar 2013 will be held again in Australia, a race across 3000km from Darwin to Adelaide with special vehicles on solar energy only. The Nuon Solar team will give a presentation on all preparations and challenges, the race and their vehicle Nuna6 lees verder...
- 30 May: film evening 12 Canoes
- 14 April: Cultural Sunday - cross-over dance group ISH at the AAMU
- 6 and 7 April: National Museum Weekend
- 23 March: lecture by author Inez van der Spek
- 16 February: lecture by Professor Ad Borsboom on the story of the Sugarbag Clan of Arnhem Land
- 16 October: Gordon Bennett and Aboriginal contemporary art: the radical alternative by Ian McLean
- 24 June: curator's floor talk for new exhibition Outsider / Insider
- 2 June: the city of Utrecht celebrate its anniversary
- 14 & 15 April: National Museumweekend at the AAMU
- Sunday 29 January: curator's floortalk Heart and Soul