4 September: music at the AAMU at the start of the new cultural season!
On September 4, the annual celebration of the new cultural season (Uitfeest) will be all about music at the AAMU:
Art in music / Barend Schipper: experience contemporary Aboriginal art in a very special manner. Inspired by the museum collection pianist/composer Barend Schipper reacts spontaneously to the artworks in the AAMU and creates beautiful, new piano music on the spot. A fascinating interaction, not to be missed!
Starts at 1.00pm / 2.00pm / 3.00pm - duration approx. 15 minutes (second floor)
Didgeridoo workshops for kids: children between 4 and 12 years old can participate in this special workshop to learn more about this special Aboriginal instrument and learn how to play.
Starts at 12.30 / 1.30pm / 2.30pm - duration 30 minutes (auditorium/ground floor)
Be our guest tours: join one of the special tours through the exhibition Be My Guest in which contemporary Aboriginal art is juxtaposed with art from various disciplines and regions. This will enable you to have an different and refreshing view on Aboriginal art.
Starts at 12.15 / 1.15pm / 2.15pm / 3.15pm - duration approx. 20 minutes (starts at the entrance desk)
The museum, as on all Sundays, is open from 11.00am until 5.00pm. Free entrance to museum and all activities on this Sunday!
View the entire programme of the Uitfeest on: www.uitfeest.nl
- Summer Sunday concerts by didgeridoo expert and musician Michiel Teijgeler
- 12 May: Professor Barbara Gillam on A new approach to Australian Aboriginal art
- 18 April: artist talk by Michael Cook
- 26 March: artist talk by Daniel Boyd
- 2 November: special 3D screenings of film Above Us All at the AAMU
- 30 October: debate about Art, visual culture and identity at SPUI25 in Amsterdam
- Summer Sunday afternoon concerts at the AAMU
- Wednesday 11 June: lecture about Indigenous literature by Dr Anita Heiss
- 5 and 6 April: national Museum Weekend
- 12 January: opening new exhibition Country to Coast