4 September: music at the AAMU at the start of the new cultural season!
On September 4, the annual celebration of the new cultural season (Uitfeest) will be all about music at the AAMU:
Art in music / Barend Schipper: experience contemporary Aboriginal art in a very special manner. Inspired by the museum collection pianist/composer Barend Schipper reacts spontaneously to the artworks in the AAMU and creates beautiful, new piano music on the spot. A fascinating interaction, not to be missed!
Starts at 1.00pm / 2.00pm / 3.00pm - duration approx. 15 minutes (second floor)
Didgeridoo workshops for kids: children between 4 and 12 years old can participate in this special workshop to learn more about this special Aboriginal instrument and learn how to play.
Starts at 12.30 / 1.30pm / 2.30pm - duration 30 minutes (auditorium/ground floor)
Be our guest tours: join one of the special tours through the exhibition Be My Guest in which contemporary Aboriginal art is juxtaposed with art from various disciplines and regions. This will enable you to have an different and refreshing view on Aboriginal art.
Starts at 12.15 / 1.15pm / 2.15pm / 3.15pm - duration approx. 20 minutes (starts at the entrance desk)
The museum, as on all Sundays, is open from 11.00am until 5.00pm. Free entrance to museum and all activities on this Sunday!
View the entire programme of the Uitfeest on: www.uitfeest.nl
- 12 January: opening new exhibition Country to Coast
- Cultural Sunday Utrecht Uitfeest at the AAMU
- Now on sale: the catalogue of BOMB
- 8 June: presentation Nuon Solar Team: the World Solar Challenge 2013
- 30 May: film evening 12 Canoes
- 14 April: Cultural Sunday - cross-over dance group ISH at the AAMU
- 6 and 7 April: National Museum Weekend
- 23 March: lecture by author Inez van der Spek
- 16 February: lecture by Professor Ad Borsboom on the story of the Sugarbag Clan of Arnhem Land
- 16 October: Gordon Bennett and Aboriginal contemporary art: the radical alternative by Ian McLean